Popular search terms:

How do I add cash to my Current Account?

You can add cash to your Current Account at any of the retailers found in the Current app. To find the map, follow these steps:

  1. Tap $
  2. Tap Cash Deposit & ATMs
    • When at a participating retailer, you can tap View Barcode to display the barcode that the store's cashier will scan for your deposit.

Current works with chains like CVS and Walmart for cash deposits, but not every location may accept these deposits. Always check the map to ensure the location accepts cash deposits.

How do I add cash?

Once you’ve arrived at a participating store, you can follow these steps to make your deposit:

  1. Go to the cashier and let them know you’d like to deposit cash into your account
  2. Have the barcode from the Current app ready, the cashier will scan it and you’ll give them the cash that you'd like to deposit
  3. Once the cashier is done, they’ll provide you with a receipt and the funds will appear in your account immediately

Note: If a cashier is unfamiliar with Current, you can let them know your account supports in-person cash deposits and that the transaction will be successful.

How long does it take to see my funds?

The money will be available in your account once the cashier completes the transaction and you can begin using it right away.

Is there a fee to add cash?

Yes, there’s a small fee of $3.50 per transaction, which is lower than what other accounts charge. Please note, your receipt may not reflect the fee, but the fee will be deducted from your available funds and you’ll see the details in your transaction history.

Are there any limits on how much cash I can deposit?

You can add up to $500 per transaction and up to $1000 per day. In addition, you can add up to $10,000 per month in cash.

Can I also deposit cash at an ATM?

No, you cannot add cash at an ATM right now. However, you can withdraw cash at our free ATM locations with Allpoint by using the same map and changing the toggle to Free ATMs.

Was this article helpful?