You can add a teen while signing up for Current or by heading to the Profile tab of your account and tapping Add an Account. To link a teen to your Current Account:
- Select Teen Banking as your account type
- Select your role. If you’re managing the teen’s account, select Primary parent. If you’re a secondary parent, select Secondary Parent. What’s a Secondary Parent? Click here for more information.
- Enter your teen’s information and select a card if they don’t already have one
You’ll have the option to display a QR Code that your teen can scan to link to your account. If they don’t already have Current, you can invite them to download the app and create an account!
With a Current Account, your teen will be able to check their balances and manage their money. They won’t be able to initiate deposits from your bank or access your account balance, and they can only view the balances for their Giving or Savings Pods, transactions, and account information.
How do I transfer money to my teen’s Current Account?
You can manage your teen’s finances and set up recurring transfers to their Current Account right in the Current app! To transfer money to your teen’s account:
- Tap the $ icon
- Tap Add & Move Money
- Select the funding source that you’d like to use for the transfer
- Select your teen as the recipient
- Enter an amount and whether it will be a recurring transfer
- Tap Confirm
If you’re transferring funds from your Current Account balance then the transfer will go through instantly. If the transfer is coming from a funding source that you’ve connected to, then it can take 3-5 business days for the transfer to process. As you continue to make successful deposits, you can be eligible for Instant Deposits.
Are you a teen trying to link to your parent’s Current Account? Click here.