If your card was lost or compromised and a charge appears, please contact us immediately in the Current app or by following the instructions here and immediately pause the card in the app. We’ll work with you to investigate the transactions(s) and get a replacement card sent to you as soon as possible, at no cost to you.
First, contact us:
- Chat with us directly within the app
- Send us an email here to let us know about the transaction
Next, pause your card:
- Tap Card Settings
- Tap the toggle next to your card to pause
In some cases, contacting the merchant first can help speed up the dispute process. If you reached out to the merchant prior to contacting us, please be sure to let us know. Once you contact us, we’ll verify some information required to begin our investigation.
Note: A transaction must settle before a dispute claim can be filed. We cannot file a dispute for a pending transaction. You can check the status of a transaction by tapping on it while viewing your Transaction History in the Current app.
What to expect:
Once your dispute is filed, we'll start investigating your claim and share any updates upon any action being taken. Please keep in mind the following when waiting for a dispute to be finalized:
- Disputes can take up to 90 days to complete, depending on the type of transaction being disputed, but most are resolved faster than that.
- In the event that we’re not able to complete our investigation within ten business days, your account will receive a temporary credit for the charges being disputed, if they’re eligible. Click here for more information about Regulation E.
- We’re required to provide the merchant time to respond to the claim.
You’ll be notified via email with the final status of your claim as soon as our investigation is completed. Communication during the investigation may be limited, but you can view the status of your dispute in the Open Disputes section of your account.