You can block brands you've previously shopped with right inside of your Current app. You can also block common brands before they charge you if you'd like as well, we'll explain how to do both below.
Blocking a brand from future charges
First, to block a brand that you've previously shopped with head into your Current app and then:
- Tap into your transaction history and locate the last charge from the merchant
- Tap the transaction and then tap Block Brand below the receipt number
Once you do this, the brand will not be able to charge your card again and you'll need to unblock it to continue shopping with that merchant.
Blocking popular brands
Now let's say you want to prevent a popular brand from charging you in advance, you can do this by heading into the app and then:
- Tap into Card Settings, locating Blocked Brands near the bottom of the menu
- Tap into Blocked Brands and then tap View Popular brands
- You can then tap Block next to each brand you want to prevent from charging you
If you'd like to unblock a brand you'll head into the same Blocked Brands menu and then tap Unblock next to the brand you'd like to continue shopping with.
It's also important to note that some merchants will try to charge your card multiple times, or from other point of sale (POS) systems to get around the block. You should also attempt to cancel any recurring subscriptions in addition to blocking a brand in the app to reduce the risk of a brand evading the block itself.