Savings Pods are a way for our customers with Basic and Premium Checking Accounts to save for whatever they want, whether that's a rainy day fund, a vacation, or even monthly expenses like groceries. Our Basic Checking account allows for one Savings Pod and you can upgrade to our Premium Checking account to create up to 3 of them.
Setting these up is easy, and you'll be up and running in just a few steps.
- Log into your Current app and scroll down, tap Savings Pods near the bottom of your screen
- Tap to create a new pod and follow the prompts to set the name, amount, and image/description
- If you have an existing pod, you'll need to swipe to reveal the Create Savings Pod button on the right first
- Once you're set, tap Done
Now that you've set your Savings Pod up, you'll want to add funds. You can do this in a few ways:
- You can add or move money directly into the pod from your the Savings Pod menu
- You can turn on round-ups for a pod so your purchases will be rounded up to the nearest dollar and the difference will be transferred into the pod when the transaction finalizes
- Using the Money tab ($ icon) you can deposit a check directly into your Savings Pod
Note: Placing funds into your Savings Pod will move that money from your available checking account balance. For example, if your checking account balance is less than the amount you're attempting to purchase, we will not dip into your Savings Pod automatically. In this case, your card will be declined and you'll need to move funds into your checking account, then re-attempt the purchase.