You can link external banks to your Current account in order to move money between them. There are no fees when making a deposit or withdrawal to or from another account and you can use the steps below to get started.
- Log into the Current app and head to your account settings by tapping the person shaped icon
- Then you'll tap Funding Source to see a list of your external sources and add a new one
- On the top right tap Add and then choose your bank from the list or search for your financial institution from the top of the screen. You can link an external account in one of two ways:
- Instantly: Using your bank username and password and our secure partner, Plaid, we can verify your ownership of the account and link it for use right away.
- Manually: Your bank will be sent 2 "micro-deposits" from Current and you'll need to wait for them to arrive within 1-3 business days. Once you get them, head back into Current and verify the amounts we sent. Once you do this, you can initiate a deposit.
An important note: We recommend linking checking accounts but you can link other accounts that support ACH debits and credits. There may be limits imposed by your bank, for example if you link a savings account there are limits to the number of transfers you can do per month which are regulated by the government. Please consult with your financial institution if you are unsure if your external account is compatible.