Current allows you to deposit checks directly from your mobile device by taking a photo of the front and back for processing. You can access this feature after signing into the app by following the steps below.
Please note: Deposited checks typically clear within 5 business days and must be written out to you.
Mobile Check Deposit
- After logging in, tap the $ icon to bring up the Money page
- Tap Add & Move Money
- Set the From field to New Source by sliding the selector to the left
- Then, tap Check Deposit
- Now you'll choose where to send the funds once the check clears. You can send checks to your Personal Checking account balance or any Spending Balance on Shared Accounts you manage
- You'll then tap the image field to take a photo of the front and back of your check
Note: Be sure to sign the back of your check or your deposit may be rejected
- Type the amount into the field below the images and then tap Next to confirm the deposit
Tips for depositing checks
- Ensure you have a dark background behind the check, this will help make sure the edges of the check are clear in the image
- Use the flash if you need to - it should turn on automatically if you're in low light
- Start farther away and move closer to the check, once the check is in position the photo will automatically be taken
Checks we cannot accept
- Money Orders / Cashier's Checks
- Checks that have been altered or signed over to you
- Checks written to a business name
- Checks originating from non-U.S. banks
Please note you cannot use a check to fund your account for the first time. Once you've made successful deposits from another funding source you'll be able to deposit checks successfully.