If your teen would like to donate to a charity they can set a goal and once that goal is achieved, their donation will be sent to the charity of their choice. To set this up, you'll want to log into the Current app and follow the steps below:
- After you log in, tap the teen's name and then scroll down to the Savings Pods
- Swipe Right and tap Edit Pod
- You can then choose an organization from the list displayed, or tap into the search field to locate other organizations
- Once you've found the organization you'd like to donate to, tap it and then choose a goal amount for your donation
- After you do this, you'll see your giving goal and your current progress appear within the giving balance.
If you'd like to add funds to, edit, or cancel this goal, tap into the goal and deposit funds into or transfer funds out as well. When your donation is made you will receive an email from Current. This email represents your tax receipt and will include all the details you need to report this donation at tax time.
If you're unable to locate the charity you'd like to donate to, email us at email@example.com and include the charity's name, address, and tax identification number (EIN).