Using Current for your teen's banking allows you to set up a list of chores for them to complete each week. Teens will receive a set amount that you decide when they complete their chores once per week and you can even reduce their payment amount or withhold it altogether if they don't do everything on their list.
To set these up, head into your app and follow these steps:
- After logging in, tap View All Accounts near the top of your screen and tap the teen you'd like to set this up for
- From there, tap Weekly Chores
- If your teen has chores already, you'll see them in a list here
- Then tap Setup Chores and follow the prompts to set up one or many chores for your teen, once you're complete, tap Done
- Review the chores you've created and tap Confirm to finalize the setup
A few things to note:
- You'll choose a day for chores to be paid out to your teen on each week. You can also pay your teen early by heading back into Chores and tapping Pay whenever you'd like
- If your teen does not complete all their chores, you can still pay them or you can adjust the amount to your liking
- Your chore payment will come from your funding source on file and will be initiated on the day you choose. Standard ACH timing may apply to your deposit.
Once you've set these up, your teen will see their chores list within the app on their phone. They can mark the chore as completed once they've finished it, or you can mark them complete from your app as well.