At Current, security is a top priority for us. We’re committed to ensuring your experience is not only convenient, but secure.
Here are some helpful tips to help protect your account:
Look Out For Scams and Phishing Attempts
Fraudsters may attempt to gain access to your account by impersonating a Current employee over the phone or by text. We will never call or text you asking for your personal information, however, many scammers will usually ask for information such as your:
- Debit Card Number
- Login Verification Code
- Phone Number
This information can be used in an attempt to access your account. In order to avoid this, make sure to do the following:
- Keep Up With Your Transactions - It’s always best practice to frequently check your transaction history and account statements.
- Keep Your Cards Safe - Never let anyone use your physical or virtual card(s). If either of your cards have been compromised, please let us know as soon as possible.
- Don’t Share Your PIN - Never write down your PIN or share it with anyone.
- Contact Us To Report Anything Suspicious. Our Member Support team is always available to answer any questions you may have. You can reach us by phone, email, or chat with us in the app 24/7.
Whether it be through Twitter, Instagram, or TikTok, fraudsters will use social media to reach out to users to promote fake winnings.
Note, all Current social media accounts are verified and will have a blue check mark next to it with the handle “current”. We will never DM or call you letting you know you’ve won a prize. You’ll see your winnings directly in the Current app.
Customer Support Scams
Have questions about your Current account? Our Support team is here to help and assist you, however there will be times where scammers will attempt to offer better alternatives for solutions, emphasizing speed and helpfulness on different social media sites. Scammers will usually recommend you reaching out to a specific person, or directing you to follow a random account.
Our Support team is available 24/7, and they are the most qualified to answer any question you may have!
To make things easier for you, here’s a general checklist of things to follow to ensure your account security is in place:
- If you receive an unexpected call, hang up and call the number on the back of your card to ensure you’re talking to a real Current Support Team Member.
- Watch out for calls or texts that give off a sense of urgency and require immediate action. Usually those are red flags.
- Never share your personal account information with anyone on third party websites or social media.
- Monitor your account on a regular basis and make sure all information is up to date. If anything seems off, contact our Customer Support Team.
- If you see suspicious activity, always report it to our Customer Support Team.